We pride ourselves on the high safety standards we set and achieve. Fletcher Construction’s Health and Safety Policy reflects our approach to ensuring a zero-harm working environment, and the fundamental belief that all injuries are preventable.
Key elements of the policy include:
- Ensuring business leaders are competent, accountable and committed to Health and Safety
- Encouraging participation in Health and Safety initiatives at all levels of the business
- Actively supporting industry training programmes around safe work practices
- Complying with all relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice for the industry
- Establishing measurable Health and Safety targets, and accurately reporting and investigating all workplace incidents
- Consistently striving to eliminate work-related injuries and illnesses by proactively managing hazards.
To underscore and strengthen these health and safety commitments, and make it easy for our contractors to meet HSWA and Fletcher Construction requirements, contractors must register and maintain evidence of their worker’s training and competency in an online Worker Competency Management System.
The system is managed on behalf of Fletcher Construction by Pegasus, workforce management software and safety experts.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE SYSTEM?
- joining an online database of trusted and qualified contractors
- having higher quality work opportunities because you can prove you’re fit to work
- maintaining an online, portable profile
- receiving electronic reminders to stay compliant and ready to work
- having licences, competencies, inductions, and documents verified by qualified auditors and industry specialists
- managing your own profile – roles, competencies, and training – in the Pegasus system at any time, 24/7
- accessing a support centre of industry and software specialists if you need help reaching compliance or navigating the system
- enjoying a transparent cost model
HOW DOES THE SYSTEM WORK?
Contractor workers will be registered by their employer in the Fletcher Construction Worker Competency Management System.
The process is completed in an online portal. Steps are detailed on each project’s registration page, and are outlined below:
- Create a business account in the Worker Competency Management System
- Create profiles for your employees who work for Fletcher Constructions
- Select the role/s they perform for Fletcher Construction
- Upload their qualifications and competencies (licences, tickets)
This information is verified by Pegasus safety specialists. Compliant workers are issued with access ID cards linked to their online profile – their passport to work for Fletcher Construction Business Units and Projects.
Pegasus connects a competent workforce. They manage the Worker Competency Management System on behalf of Fletcher Construction.
Forged in deep industrial expertise, our software was first developed in 1998 to keep Australian workers safe on site.
Our commitment to workplace safety was as uncompromising then as it is now. The complete Pegasus workforce management solution:
- provides immediate access to data on the workforce
- manages all training and inductions
- administers compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers on a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of businesses and workers
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract